After listening to a friend explain why she wasn’t pursuing a job opportunity that would enhance her career, I commented, “If you’re willing to settle for less than what you deserve, that’s all you will get.” A look of resignation crossed her face and she said, “You’re right.” She committed to resisting the temptation to make a move just to escape her current situation.
What about you? Are you settling for less than what you deserve in your career?
- Do you need to reevaluate your priorities and dedicate yourself to getting what you want instead of settling for what you can get?
- Are you clear about what you want?
- What resources do you need and how will you get them?
- What are the potential obstacles you might encounter and how will you handle them?
- Who will support you in this process?
I encourage you to commit to getting what you deserve. To explore this further, contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.