My client kept saying, “Once I know whether I’m going to get this promotion, I will …” She put her life on hold without realizing that waiting doesn’t change what’s happening now.
Although we don’t like to admit it, fear is usually the reason we keep looking to the future for certainty. We may feel safer avoiding a tough conversation or the risk of making the wrong decision but what opportunities might be missed if we wait?
- Making a relationship better
- Broadening or deepening our skills
- Exploring a new opportunity
I invite you to get out of your holding pattern by:
- Identifying what is keeping you there
- Envisioning what you want instead
- Taking the first step toward that vision right now…